Mobile Broadband: Empowering People, Business and Society
Mobile Broadband is changing our world. Discover how you can lead your country in becoming part of the transformation.
This course is taught by Ericsson, the world's largest telecom infrastructure supplier. Ericsson is the world's leading provider of technology and services to telecom operators, and the leader in 3G, 4G, and 5G mobile technologies. Ericsson also provides support for networks with over 2 billion subscribers and has the leading position in managed services. The company's portfolio comprises mobile and fixed network infrastructure, telecom services, software, broadband and multimedia solutions for operators, enterprises and the media industry. Ericsson is advancing its vision of being the "prime driver in an all-communicating world" through innovation, technology, and sustainable business solutions. Ericsson?s 100,000 employees are working in 175 countries.
This course will cover standards based Long-Term Evolution (LTE) and High Speed Packet Access (HSPA). In addition, you will learn about IP and core network technologies. After learning about the architecture and attributes of the technologies, this course will show you how broadband can empower people, business and society.
The course will consist of several modules that integrate classroom discussion, case study, and practical applications.
1. Overview of technology and network evolution: HSPA & LTE radio access and IP & core network
2. Overview of hot topics affecting today?s networks:
3. Cybersecurity Policy
4. Net Neutrality
5. Brief overview of global mobile broadband deployments and spectrum status
6. Examples of how regulations can help to increase the affordability for consumers and the coverage & capacity of the networks
7. Understanding of how mobile broadband can benefit society
This seminar was created for technical, regulatory and government professionals who are prepared to become innovative policy makers and leaders.